Thursday, September 27, 2012

TOTALLY A "MARTHA" THIS WEEK .........

Holy cow!! How much work has to be done - and I am pretty limited to what I can do at one time. And along with that I've been stressing a little too much about all of it. 
Don't get me wrong - I love a clean, clean house - but........... 
I   H-A-T-E getting there. I grumble, bellyache, protest, snivel, and squawk the whole time. But, I just press on and get it done. 

First job is the guest bathroom. Here's the beginning of the work. 
In this first picture,  I have started boxing things up and getting ready to move all my soaps, lotions, etc. out of here. I will be moving into Wade's bathroom and sharing it with him. I suspect he really doesn't want to share, but I don't blame him - I prefer not to share too. Toilet seat is gone and I bought a new one. I used a pumice stone to get all the yucky rust stains out of the toilet. We have such hard water and eventually the weekly scrubbings don't get it all. 
Bathtub was scrubbed clean, new mat in there to prevent slipping. New shower curtain. New bath towels, wash cloths, and rugs. Here is the end result. 
That shelving unit behind the toilet was not originally planned for this bathroom. I bought this intending to put it in "our" bathroom so I could store my stuff. But that first night Wade came home from work - he definitely did not like it and was not happy about it.

:o(   So my makeup etc. are stored in a basket beneath the sink and the new shelves were put into the guest bathroom. 
The bathroom is now guest ready - I haven't used it this week except to wash and dry the laundry. 

A great problem I am dealing with is the storage of all of my (our) stuff. We have been moving closet contents from 2 other bedrooms and have to plan where to put it. We do have attic storage but I don't like putting things up there. Here's my dilemma. Sure I can put pictures, knick-knacks, keepsakes, etc in plastic tubs and Jason is more than happy to haul them up into the attic. But in my mind - they're gone. I know I will never climb the ladder and crawl into the attic. And it makes me sad to think I can't go through boxes anymore. In my mind, the attic is just like a big garbage dump to me. I don't know what is up there now and I don't want to move more up into that twilight zone.

Consequently, the hallway looks like an episode of "Hoarders", until I decide what I want to do with what I have. 

That's the plastic sheeting down the hallway. Boxes on boxes, a hope chest and several bookshelves. I'm not saying it will all stay, eventually I will throw some things away and give away others. 

When I think about it however - it's just all stuff...... Thanks to God, I've been blessed with so much and it's all His anyway. So I think it's okay to temporarily be a little sad to get rid of things because then I'm reminded to remember the biggest, greatest, most important thing I have is my salvation and promise of where my final home will be. 

What a whiney-baby I can be sometimes!! But (see back at the beginning) I'm bellyaching about doing more work and sorting through this. I hope I can get this sorted and cleaned up by the end of October. 

My big job this morning was shampooing the living room carpet. That's a double yuck job. There are stains that are difficult to remove and I grumbled and kvetched enough that I finally put on some music and listened to songs while I cleaned up. 


It's done and no one (human or canine) is allowed in there until it is dry. But, I look forward to the day when I no longer have carpet and can clean the floors so much easier. And eventually our old lady dogs will be gone and not replaced. 

Dixie, Willie, Carol and Shelly left Idaho on Wednesday morning and we're not exactly sure when they will arrive - total driving time is about 24-26 hours so it will depend on how much they can travel each day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment