As I sit here this afternoon I am trying to rest before I go teach 3rd and 4th graders for almost 3 hours tonight. I need a fresh burst of energy to carry me through but I'm not feeling a whole lot of bursting going on.
This morning was tiring in another way. I drove Dixie for her hair appointment, sat and waited. (And Cindy is doing a wonderful job with her hair - it's looking really great) Drove to lunch and ate a bowl of minestrone at Olive Garden and then kept myself occupied at WalMart while Dixie did some shopping. I let her go off on her own to shop to her heart's content. We met up in the cereal aisle and she said she didn't see me in the liquor aisle..... so I told her I was wearing my invisibility cloak while I shopped there......
So what's so tiring for me ............ listening to the same stories at least daily or every other day with a modicum of surprise (as it I had not heard them yet). Or if I ask a question about something - I might get an answer that is to a totally different question that I DIDN'T ask.
She is getting older, more frail, more fearful, more opinionated, and cynical too. Soon it will be time for her to get a doctor and she's got definite opionions about that..... for someone that claims to be "not prejudiced" she certainly has negative opinions about "certain people".
And she now needs a small amount of watching. I don't think she will be up for driving herself when her car arrives here. Springfield is too busy for her to manage that.
I can see that food storage and how long things can last in the fridge will be an issue pretty soon too. For now I just keep all the food in our fridge and monitor it myself. I try to keep a variety of foods here so that she can eat whatever she likes. It's harder with her here too because Wade and I so often will just eat a sandwich for dinner. And there are rarely "sit-down" meals during the week.
I am sad at things that I have given up - some temporarily and some permanently to adjust to this new life that we are learning to live. Wade is concerned about my moods, but I just can't talk about what I'm feeling so he teases me that I'm planning on running away with Raul, the pool boy. He is under stress too - he's got big things going on at work and then he deals with Dixie at home. She's got her own agenda of things to discuss with him in the evenings too. So I try to just manage here on my own. Wade has said and I agree - that things will be different when she's living in her own space - but it's gonna be a while and I'm just having a rough, rough time.
So I'm almost done in..... We've got construction going on and I need to be up and available for that. I've got to be available for Dixie and her needs, appointments, etc. Tomorrow we have an insurance agent coming to speak about medicare and doctors and coverage, etc. Plus I have AT&T coming to hopefully install a real, working phone so that I can receive and make calls that don't fade or disconnect. I think I'll miss my Bible study in the morning and Sonshine Club in the afternoon because of all that's going on tomorrow.
I may just need to go buy me some calgon. Oh, wait.... I don't have a bathtub available for me. :o)
Frame work for the subflooring
Going into the kitchen area - most of this will be the bathroom area which will have shower, toilet, vanity, and washer/dryer.
This was the garage door and will be a wall on the inside. The open door will be replaced with an outdoor door that will be the joint entryway.
This is the door going from our home into Dixie's home. It will be lockable, but we can get in just in case there is an emergency. Looks so pretty and much better than the plastic sheeting.




No comments:
Post a Comment