id·i·o·syn·cra·sy
[id-ee-uh-sing-kruh-see, -sin-] Show IPA
noun, plural id·i·o·syn·cra·sies.
1.
a characteristic, habit, mannerism, or the like, that is peculiar to an individual.
id·i·o·syn·cra·sy
[id-ee-uh-sing-kruh-see, -sin-] Show IPA
noun, plural id·i·o·syn·cra·sies.
1.
a characteristic, habit, mannerism, or the like, that is peculiar to an individual.
Well, things seem to be going along pretty well. Day by day, we manage the best we can. But sometimes I just need to look off far away and smile.........
Yesterday was Dixie's hair appointment - so before that, we had lunch and stopped at Wal-Mart........
Dixie: I need to get some lotion, some razors, and some Selsun Blue.
Me: (at the store): Okay, there's the razors and a couple of rows over is the shampoo aisle.....
Dixie: Oh, I don't need shampoo - remember?? I'm going to the beauty shop to get my hair washed today.
Me: Yeah, but you said you wanted some Selsun Blue, right?
Dixie: Yes, but I use it to rub on my neck to remove skin tags.
Me (thinking in my head "Oh, then we need to find the "shampoo-not-meant-for-shampoo Aisle") (** smile **)
There was also a debate about lunch too - but I am chalking it up to misunderstanding. Her FAVORITE place is Golden Corral - there she can eat whatever she wants, how ever much she wants and it's inexpensive. Normally it would be my last choice for lunch. I suggested we go to Olive Garden instead but in the morning we agreed on Golden Corral. So I pull into the Golden Corral parking lot and she looks at me funny and said this isn't Olive Garden............. Oh well, we ate at Golden Corral and I promised her next week it would be Olive Garden. She is getting her hair done each week on Wednesdays so I'm guessing we'll be doing lunch each Wednesday somewhere.
Speaking of hair, the stylist was wonderful. Her color came out very pretty and she had her hair styled very nicely. She didn't say much about it, so I can't be sure how she feels about it, but I thought it turned out nice. The stylist tried some things that were different to Dixie and I don't know if she liked them or not. For one, instead of curlers and hair dryer - the stylist blew the hair dry and then curled it with a curling iron. The end result is still the same but that was not how she had it done when she lived in Idaho. Plus...... she would just die (I'm sure) if she knew how much it really cost - but we're all working hard to keep the secret.
Another one of those things that make me smile....... She is deeply upset that Wade doesn't eat his vegetables or that he doesn't care for turkey, certain seafoods, etc..... ---------- seriously?? According to her, he always ate everything that was put in front of him and always ate vegetables. My first interpretation of what she is saying is "How dare I allow Wade to slip away from his upbringing and not feed him more vegetables?????" Really??? He has done pretty good during the past 38+ years on the vegetables that he has eaten, so ....... yeah...... (( ** smile **)). Some things are just better not challenged or debated. Just smile............. and keep on smiling...............
Work on the rooms has started. Marty (from church) has his own home renovation-type business and he started this Monday. I will post pictures with my next post and talk about how the progression is going.
............... (( smile............... sigh........ smile ))..........
Here's what you need to do mom....when the kids say or do something ridiculous, I get this dumb look on my face and say "OK" in a really dumb way. We need to come up with a special "Ok" for you to say when stuff like this happens!!! I'll demonstrate when I'm there...you may have heard me say it on the phone too....it sure makes you feel better. :)
ReplyDelete