Wednesday, October 10, 2012

IN ANTICIPATION OF THAT SOMEDAY PEACE..........

 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." 
John 16:32-33

I had one of those days for about a week now. One little minor irritation after another - 

Yesterday, I needed to go to the post office to mail two packages - the parking lot and street were full..... drove around a couple of blocks and they were STILL full - went and did another errand, came back, still full. I finally gave up and drove about 7 miles to the next post office. All I can think is that God wanted me to be at that other post office for some reason that I can't figure out and I'll probably never discover. 

Went and had my eyebrows waxed - same place I normally go, but this time they either burned the skin or pulled some delicate skin off because the next day my lids were swollen and I have sores there. What is up with that?!?!?

Our home phones are not working right and I believe it is because our internet service needs to be beefed up. We all need to use the phones for a variety of reasons - Hopefully Wade can hook us all up Thursday night although I wish it could be sooner. 

Our financial situation is still up in the air with how we're going to pay for the remodeling - and we had another contractor come out to give us an estimate. We haven't gotten the "bad news" yet, but Wade is not too optimistic. We're also waiting to hear from Wells Fargo about the loan (yes again). 

I worry that I might say something that would upset Dixie - I don't want her to feel that she is a bother or nuisance. Just a slight slip of the tongue would be disastrous I don't ever want her to feel that we think of her like that. I know that my life now is different - WAY different, but her life is different now too. She gave up a lot to move here and we gave up a lot to have her here. But I'm going to rest in my faith in God that he will work things out for all of us eventually.

I need a nap - I need some quiet time. I'm am not a real social person and am used to doing things alone sometimes. I need to adjust and it's uncomfortable. I seem to be retreating more and more frequently into the bedroom to get my quiet time, my computer time, my tv-watching time. And I love to take long showers in the afternoon too. 

I worked out a system with a friend from church that I don't want Dixie to ever know. In the town where she came from, she would go to the beauty shop and get her hair washed and set and once a month some color put in. There in Idaho it cost her 7 dollars for the wash & set and 13 dollars for the color. There is NO WHERE in Ohio that does that!!! So I am going to set up a gift card with the stylist to deduct the cost of the services and then Dixie can pay her the 7 dollars or 13 dollars which will be the tip for the lady. She will be happy and think that Ohio is a "Bargain State" and she'll never know the difference. She was so excited when I told her I found someone that would do her hair. We start this 'ritual' next week - every Wednesday will be her Hair Salon Day. 

Today I took her to Hobby Lobby and she looked around and bought a little something. Then we went to Golden Corral and she paid for the two of us. You should have seen her eyes light up this morning when I suggested Golden Corral for lunch today. She could eat all she wanted and for a small price. After that we went to the Dollar Store to shop for more goodies. 

This afternoon I retired to my room - practiced my saxophone, did some sudokus on the computer, prepared my Bible lesson for tonight, and took a small 15 minute nap. It's 4:30 and shower time is coming up!!! Dixie is watching tv in the living room and I'm assuming that she is napping a little bit too. 

Yes, there were some minor difficulties this week - some stresses and some inconvenience, but they will all wash away eventually and I hope that what we're doing will count for something. But overall, my peace is in Jesus. I need to just rest in that - all day long throughout all circumstances. 





1 comment:

  1. I've had the same kind of week too mom. Funny thing, I missed church on Sunday and just watched the sermon tonight from Sunday. Guess what the main verse was??? Yep, John 16: 32-33. I must have needed to hear/see it multiple times. I know it's a hard adjustment. I'm praying for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete